Are you missing some or all of your teeth? All-on-5 dental implants from Nautical Dental are a great way to replace missing teeth and provide a more permanent solution than dentures. All-on-5 dental implants use only five implants to secure a complete set of dentures, making the treatment efficient and cost-effective.
What Are All-On-5 Dental Implants, and How Do They Work?
They are an excellent option for people who are missing all their teeth or have failing dentures. They are a type of dental implant that uses five implants to secure a complete set of dentures. The implants are carefully placed in the jawbone and act as anchors for the dentures. Implants are biocompatible, meaning your body will not reject them, and they will fuse with the jawbone over time to work in harmony with your dental structure.
Sometimes, a customized number of implants might be ideal for your jawbone and dental structure. Four or five implants generally provide an excellent number to support the dentures adequately. So we can provide all-on-5 dental implants or all-on-4 dental implants depending on what is suitable for you – the number indicating how many implants support a single set of dentures.
The Benefits of All-On-5 Dental Implants
There are many benefits to choosing them, including:
- Increased stability – All-on-5 dental implants are much more stable than dentures, so you can feel confident that your teeth will stay in place.
- Improved chewing – Because all-on-5 dental implants are more stable, you’ll be able to chew your food more effectively, making it easier to digest, which is better for your overall health. It also means you can eat all your favorite foods without worrying that your dentures will slip while chewing.
- Enhanced appearance – Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth, so no one will be able to tell you have them.
- Improved oral health – Unlike dentures, which can lead to bone loss in the jaw, all-on-5 dental implants help preserve bone. Additionally, because all-on-5 dental implants don’t rely on adjacent teeth for support like dentures do, they don’t put extra stress on those teeth, which can lead to decay or other problems.
- Durability – All-on-5 dental implants are a very durable solution, and they can last for many years with proper care.
Who is a Candidate for All-On-5 Dental Implants?
Most people who miss all their teeth or have failing dentures are good candidates for all-on-5 dental implants. However, it’s essential to consult an experienced implant dentist like Dr. Eric Cornelius to ensure that all-on-5 dental implants are the best solution for you.
During your consultation, Dr. Cornelius will evaluate your overall oral health as well as the condition of your jawbone. This information will help him determine if you are a good candidate for all-on-5 dental implants and develop a customized treatment plan.
What to Expect During the Treatment Process
The all-on-5 dental implant treatment process generally takes several months and involves multiple steps.
First, you will have a pre-operative appointment to go over the details of your treatment plan and to have any necessary tests or X-rays performed.
Then, you will come in for your surgery appointment. During this appointment, the implants will be placed in your jawbone.
After the implants have been placed, you will need to wait for them to fuse with the jawbone, which can take anywhere from four to six months.
Once the implants have fused with the jawbone, you will come in for a second surgery appointment to have the abutments placed.
Finally, you will have your permanent crafted. We will work carefully to ensure they provide a good match for your smile.
Call Today to Schedule an Appointment in San Antonio, Texas
You will love the natural look and feel of your new smile. With proper care, all-on-5 and All-on-4 dental implants can last a lifetime – giving you back the confidence to smile brightly for years to come.
Schedule your consultation today to see if they are right for you.